As a prerequisite to these steps, please have a completed treatment plan in place for the patient you wish to export. Please see for additional information on creating a treatment plan.
To export an aligner trim path for your patient, follow these steps:
- Make sure your patient is open in the ArchForm software.
- Click on Trim Path and select Yes when prompted to generate a trim path.
- Adjust any variables for the trim path unless you plan to do a straight trim (more on this later).
- Export the aligner by following one of these methods:
- Select the Interactive Mode button.
- AlignerMaker will open, displaying a preview of the trim path for each stage and arch, based on our software’s recommendation.
- Adjust any parameters for straight or scalloped cut, tilt during cut, and other preferences.
- Export the aligner and it will upload the trim path to the cloud, while saving the 3D files, IPR report, and QR Labels locally.
- Select the Cloud Mode button to initiate the process.
- The software will then generate a recommended trim path for each arch and it will upload the trim path to the cloud, while saving the 3D files, IPR report, and QR Labels locally.